Legal Forms and Dodiment Service Online   Legal Discussion Board, Advice, Information, Legal Aid and Legal Issue   
          Forums Login or Register News Members Calendar Search Bookmarks Settings Help Legal Document Service   
 Statistics: 21 people online; 301 members; 177 topics; 371 messages; 43,831 words  8 Nov 2021 1:38 am 

Marriage & Love. Family Affairs >> Breaking Up Is Hard To Do! >> Spouse is not signing divorce papers

New Message   Printable Version      
Discussion: Spouse is not signing divorce papers+

#215, posted 28 Feb 2022 11:27 pm, in reply to #212166 words
Customer Support (Offline)

Joined 26 Jan 2022 1:01 pm

144 posts

9.6/10 Rating
Dear Des,

With the circumstances you described it is hard to believe that this divorce is uncontested.

As far as we know, your brother has two choices:
First is to try his best to get in touch with his wife; second is to file for contested divorce. In this case, after you file your divorce complaint to the Court, you will be issued a "Summons". This summons and a copy of the Complaint must be forwarded or given to the Sheriff or Constable in the County where the Defendant lives. Your brother may use his wife’s last known residence. These papers will be "served" on the defendant by the sheriff's department. After the sheriff "serves" these papers, they will either forward to you, as plaintiff, or the Court the original summons with a "Return of Service" on the back of the Summons.

Please note that Legal Helpmate is not a law firm and we do not give legal advice to the public.

Best regards,

Customer Support

Edited 28 Feb 2022 11:29 pm by Customer Support Reply  
Search this topic   Email this topic    
Members who are visible and online browsing this topic:

Go to forum Return to the top of the page
Forums - Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Help - Legal Forms

Powered by Legal Helpmate - Legal Document Service Online