Legal Forms and Dodiment Service Online   Legal Discussion Board, Advice, Information, Legal Aid and Legal Issue   
          Forums Login or Register News Members Calendar Search Bookmarks Settings Help Legal Document Service   
 Statistics: 27 people online; 301 members; 177 topics; 371 messages; 43,831 words  8 Nov 2021 2:12 am 

Power of Attorney >> Taking Care of Your Children >> Please Help

New Message   Printable Version   Threaded View   Page 
Discussion: Please Help -
#280, posted 3 Jun 2022 12:34 am176 words
saramoore25 (Offline)

Joined 3 Jun 2022 12:29 am

1 post

I have a question regarding the care of a child. Currently my husband and I have our 17 year old cousin staying with us. She is very behind in school and neither one of her parents are willing to step up and take care of her. They have let her come stay with us and we are getting ready to enroll her in summer school. I know that we need some sort of documentation saying that we are able to care for her but we do not have enough money to go to court and we cannot get both of her parents in the same place to have anything noterized. They are divorced and they cannot stand being around one another. They are not making this easy on us but we only care what is in the best interest of the child. What should we do? They also do not have any medical insurance and we would like to put her on our family insurance but does she have to be adopted. Thanks so much, Sara

#288, posted 12 Jun 2022 10:59 pm, in reply to #280278 words
Customer Support (Offline)

Joined 26 Jan 2022 1:01 pm

144 posts

9.6/10 Rating
Dear Sara,

As far as you are not going to gain custody over your cousin, we suggest the child's parents to execute a "Limited Non-durable Power of Attorney for Minor Child Care". If parents have jont custody they both must sign a Power of attorney.

Limited Non-durable Power of Attorney for Child (ren) Care is an important legal document. It gives the person whom you designate (your "agent", "attorney-in-fact") broad powers regarding the minor child(ren).

Limited Non-durable Power of Attorney for Child Care is valid for the time period you specify in it, or until you revoke this Power of Attorney for Child Care.

This type of Power of Attorney will authorize the person you have appointed to perform all legal acts that you could have done yourself as a parent.

A Child Care Power of Attorney authorizes the Agent to have temporary custody of an unmarried minor child with whom the minor child may reside, and to make medical decisions in regards to said child.

By using this type of the Power of Attorney you can grant one or more of the following powers:

to consent for emergency medical treatment; including surgery and hospitalization;
to provide for the safety of the child; education, and welfare of the child;
enrollment in a school or sport activities;
signing documents in connection with the care and medical treatment;
to perform any parental acts in regards to discipline and supervision, arbitration of disputes, to act as a guardian for the custody;
other powers regarding your child (for example: travel arrangements, to pick the child up from school, etc).

Quick link for Child Care Power of attorney:

Best regards,
Legal Helpmate Corp.


Search this topic   Email this topic   Page 
Members who are visible and online browsing this topic:

Go to forum Return to the top of the page
Forums - Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Help - Legal Forms

Powered by Legal Helpmate - Legal Document Service Online