Legal Forms and Dodiment Service Online   Legal Discussion Board, Advice, Information, Legal Aid and Legal Issue   
          Forums Login or Register News Members Calendar Search Bookmarks Settings Help Legal Document Service   
 Statistics: 92 people online; 308 members; 179 topics; 373 messages; 43,940 words  6 Feb 2022 11:59 am 

Power of Attorney >> Granting Broad Powers >> Power of attorney to sell house in Puerto Rico

New Message   Printable Version      
Discussion: Power of attorney to sell house in Puerto Rico+

#381, posted 3 Nov 2021 12:30 am, in reply to #380376 words
Customer Support (Offline)

Joined 26 Jan 2022 1:01 pm

144 posts

9.6/10 Rating
Dear Mr. Q,

Unfortunately we are not familiar with Puerto Rico’s real estate selling process and law. In this case, you had best contact an appropriate attorney in Puerto Rico.

But based on our understanding of USA and International Law you can establish the Power of Attorney legally in USA (if your wife legally resides in USA) and make this Power of Attorney valid for use abroad by “Apostillizing” it. “Apostille” is the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents (international standard of verification of any legal documents). In the US, the Department of State is responsible for providing authentication service to US citizens and foreign nationals on all documents that will be used overseas.

Types of documents include corporate documents such as company bylaws and articles of incorporation, power of attorney, patent applications and trademarks, diplomas, transcripts, letters relating to degrees, non-marital status, references and job certifications, home studies, deeds of assignments, distributorship agreements, and papers for adoption purposes.

The Authentications Office receives a variety of documents from commercial organizations, private citizens, and officials of the Federal and State Governments. The Office is responsible for issuing certificates under the Seal of the Department of State. It also ensures that the requested information will serve in the interest of justice and is not contrary to US policy.

Please note the following information must be obtained before the authentication process can begin.

Required Certification for General Documents: Diplomas, Power-of-Attorney, agreements, bylaws, transcripts, deeds of assignments, etc.

1. Acknowledged before a notary public;
2. Certified by the clerk of court of the country in which the notary is commissioned;*
3. Certified by the Secretary of State of the state in which the document is executed. The Secretary of State's office is located in the state capitol.
4. Foreign governments require the U.S. Department of State to authenticate documents in order for the document to be considered legal. Therefore, it is suggested that you contact the embassy of the particular country to determine what documents are needed for transactions.

To find more about Apostille click the link:

Please note that Legal Helpmate is not a law firm and does not give legal advice. If difficult legal issues are involved, you should consult an attorney.

Best regards
Customer support

Edited 3 Nov 2021 12:34 am by Customer Support Reply  
Search this topic   Email this topic    
Members who are visible and online browsing this topic:

Go to forum Return to the top of the page
Forums - Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Help - Legal Forms

Powered by Legal Helpmate - Legal Document Service Online