Legal Forms and Dodiment Service Online   Legal Discussion Board, Advice, Information, Legal Aid and Legal Issue   
          Forums Login or Register News Members Calendar Search Bookmarks Settings Help Legal Document Service   
 Statistics: 54 people online; 94 members; 79 topics; 159 messages; 22,122 words  22 Dec 2021 4:46 pm 

Change Name >> Change of Name for Adult or Minors >> Minor Name change in Texas

New Message   Printable Version      
Discussion: Minor Name change in Texas+

#24, posted 1 Jun 2022 12:25 pm, in reply to #23154 words
Customer Support (Offline)

Joined 26 Jan 2022 1:01 pm

61 posts

9.6/10 Rating
Dear Melinda,

As we understand your question you want to change your daughter’s last name before your husband starts an adoption proceeding.

At the present time, there are no laws in Texas to prevent a mother from informally changing her child’s surname. If you have no doubts that your new husband will adopt your daughter and will be a great father for her, you may do that.

You can register a child in extra-curricular activities under an alias name and ask the school officials to use a new last name at school. It is left on school officials’ discretion to grant the mothers request and allow the use of the new name.

Theoretically, biological father may seek to compel you to use his surname for your kids, but as we understand from your post your former husband is not claiming his parental rights and such scenario is unlikely to happen.

Best regards,
Customer Support

Edited 1 Jun 2022 12:25 pm by  Reply  
Search this topic   Email this topic    
Members who are visible and online browsing this topic:

Go to forum Return to the top of the page
Forums - Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Help - Legal Forms

Powered by Legal Helpmate - Legal Document Service Online