Legal Forms and Dodiment Service Online   Legal Discussion Board, Advice, Information, Legal Aid and Legal Issue   
          Forums Login or Register News Members Calendar Search Bookmarks Settings Help Legal Document Service   
 Statistics: 16 people online; 157 members; 114 topics; 235 messages; 30,853 words  25 Mar 2022 12:53 pm 

Power of Attorney >> Granting Broad Powers >> Power of attorney and studying abroad

New Message   Printable Version   Threaded View   Page 
Discussion: Power of attorney and studying abroad-
#68, posted 11 Apr 2022 8:12 pm73 words
Maria (Offline)

Joined 11 Apr 2022 8:02 pm

1 post

8/10 Rating
My son will be studying abroad and it has been suggested that he have a power of attorney for the
duration she will be gone.

He is a full time college student so the power of attorney will mainly be for financial aid, income
taxes that need to be filed and any other legal document he may need to file.

What is the best form to use?

Thank you for your help!


#69, posted 12 Apr 2022 5:02 am, in reply to #68291 words
Customer Support (Offline)

Joined 26 Jan 2022 1:01 pm

90 posts

9.6/10 Rating
Dear Maria,

Our understanding is that your son needs to issue a Limited Power of Attorney. The following explanation of different types of Powers of Attorneys will help you to figure out whether you need a Durable or Non-Durable POA.

There are two types of Limited Power of Attorney – Durable and Non-Durable Powers of Attorney.

The powers you grant in Limited Durable Power of Attorney will remain effective even if you become disabled or incompetent.

On the opposite, the powers you grant in Limited Non-Durable Power of Attorney will terminate in case you become disabled or incompetent.

Limited Power of Attorney is valid for the time period you specify in it, or until you revoke this Power of Attorney.

By issuing the Limited Power of Attorney your daughter allows another person to do almost all legal actions which she can do herself. The following are just a few examples of powers she can grant to her agent:

• borrow money at an agreeable interest rate, to add and remove from a bank vault or a deposit box;
• to put and move the money from/to your accounts and to make other bank transactions on your behalf; • to buy, sell, enlarge, reduce, and terminate a business interest;
• to buy or sell real estate;
• to make transactions with your tangible property, like household items, boats or cars;
• to sign your paychecks;
• to make any legal claims;
• to perform custodial duties for your children, including housing and schooling decisions;
• to make decisions regarding children’s emergency care.

Disclaimer: Legal Helpmate Corp. is not a law firm and does not give legal advice. If difficult legal issues are involved, you should consult an attorney.

Best regards,
Customer Support


Search this topic   Email this topic   Page 
Members who are visible and online browsing this topic:

Go to forum Return to the top of the page
Forums - Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Help - Legal Forms

Powered by Legal Helpmate - Legal Document Service Online