Legal Forms and Dodiment Service Online   Legal Discussion Board, Advice, Information, Legal Aid and Legal Issue   
          Forums Login or Register News Members Calendar Search Bookmarks Settings Help Legal Document Service   
 Statistics: 26 people online; 301 members; 177 topics; 371 messages; 43,831 words  8 Nov 2021 2:26 am 

Personal Financing >> Bad Credit & Debt Consolidation >> Inaccurate information on your credit report

New Message   Printable Version   Threaded View   Page 
Discussion: Inaccurate information on your credit report-
#77, posted 27 Apr 2022 11:25 am263 words
  Legal Helpmate (Offline)

Joined 24 Jan 2022 10:10 am

16 posts

8.5/10 Rating
Did You know ...

If inaccurate information appears on your credit report, you have the right under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) to dispute the information.

What to do:

You should begin the dispute process by contacting the creditor responsible for the inaccuracy. You can find the contact information for each of your creditors at the end of your credit report.
To dispute inaccurate information directly with the credit bureaus, you must explain the inaccuracies in writing. Include copies of documents that support your position. You can also include a copy of your credit report, and mark the items in question.

In your letter, be sure to include:

• Your full name
• Your complete mailing address
• Your date of birth
• Your Social Security Number
• The name and account number of the creditor and item in question
• The reason for your disagreement with the disputed item—be specific
• Your signature

Special Tip:

Send your letter via certified mail and save the receipt. Save copies of your dispute letter and all enclosures. This information should be filed away to document your communication with your creditors and the credit bureaus.

Please note:

This letter doesn't guarantee that the changes will be made on your credit report—it just insures that they will reinvestigate your credit report. If changes are made, you will be contacted by the consumer reporting agencies, usually within 30 days.

Send your letter to the three national credit bureaus:

P.O. Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374-0241


2 Baldwin Place
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19022

Search this topic   Email this topic   Page 
Members who are visible and online browsing this topic:

Go to forum Return to the top of the page
Forums - Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Help - Legal Forms

Powered by Legal Helpmate - Legal Document Service Online