Legal Forms and Dodiment Service Online   Legal Discussion Board, Advice, Information, Legal Aid and Legal Issue   
          Forums Login or Register News Members Calendar Search Bookmarks Settings Help Legal Document Service   
 Statistics: 20 people online; 301 members; 177 topics; 371 messages; 43,831 words  8 Nov 2021 1:37 am 

Marriage & Love. Family Affairs >> Breaking Up Is Hard To Do! >> Uncontested divorce and adultery

New Message   Printable Version   Threaded View   Page 
Discussion: Uncontested divorce and adultery-
#100, posted 29 Oct 2021 12:17 pm21 words
Jojo (Offline)

Joined 28 Jan 2022 7:48 am

2 posts

8.5/10 Rating
Can spouses still have an uncontested divorce where adultery is involved as long as both husband and wife agree on everything?

#101, posted 29 Oct 2021 12:27 pm, in reply to #100205 words
Customer Support (Offline)

Joined 26 Jan 2022 1:01 pm

144 posts

9.6/10 Rating
Dear Jojo,

Our understanding of the applicable law is that uncontested divorce can be filed for either a no-fault divorce or fault divorce.

A divorce case is contested if the parties disagree on any issue of the divorce, including such things as custody, visitation, child support, payment of educational expenses for private school or college, alimony (maintenance) and/or health insurance for the dependent spouse, payment of marriage debts and division of assets, and income tax arrangements, as well as the ground for divorce itself.

A divorce case remains "Contested" until each item is resolved. It the parties do reach agreement on all issues at any time during the period when the case is pending, they can ask the court to hear the divorce matter as uncontested.

When this happens, the court will provide the parties with an expedited Hearing. At this time it will hear proof regarding the grounds and the settlement, and will approve the settlement and enter Judgment on that day or shortly thereafter, if the principles of the law have been met.

Disclaimer: Legal Helpmate Corp. is not a law firm and does not give legal advice. If difficult legal issues are involved, you should consult an attorney.

Best regards,
Customer Support,


Search this topic   Email this topic   Page 
Members who are visible and online browsing this topic:

Go to forum Return to the top of the page
Forums - Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Help - Legal Forms

Powered by Legal Helpmate - Legal Document Service Online