Legal Forms and Dodiment Service Online   Legal Discussion Board, Advice, Information, Legal Aid and Legal Issue   
          Forums Login or Register News Members Calendar Search Bookmarks Settings Help Legal Document Service   
 Statistics: 25 people online; 301 members; 177 topics; 371 messages; 43,831 words  8 Nov 2021 2:10 am 

Power of Attorney >> Taking Care of Your Children >> Wording of Power of Attorney

New Message   Printable Version   Threaded View   Page 
Discussion: Wording of Power of Attorney-
#148, posted 12 Nov 2021 12:30 pm86 words
Mspiege23 (Offline)

Joined 12 Nov 2021 12:23 pm

1 post

I just downloaded a non-durable power of attorney form from this website for physical and health care of minor child. The form is written for a "sole custodial parent". My daughter and her husband are going away in a few weeks and they want my wife and I to be able to make medical decisions, if needed, for their two boys. Will this document suffice or is there another document that needs to be used for "both parents" to sign over the power for medical decisions?

#194, posted 1 Feb 2022 11:19 pm75 words
efaris (Offline)

Joined 1 Feb 2022 11:01 pm

1 post

In my LW&T, it states when discussing: ".... distributing any outstanding balance to my children, equally, to share and share alike, each owning an equal undivided interest, with the right of representation in their issue".

What does "the right of representation in their issue" mean?

Does that refer to if one of my children dies who is married and has children, that the children will share the in portion willed to the parent?

Thanks, efaris


#195, posted 7 Feb 2022 10:47 pm, in reply to #14896 words
Customer Support (Offline)

Joined 26 Jan 2022 1:01 pm

144 posts

9.6/10 Rating
Dear Mspiege23:

You have got two options signing the “Non-Durable Power of Attorney for Physical and Health Care of a Minor Child”.

First: (and more attractive): you just cross out “the sole custodian” part and write two names on the first line of the document. E.g. “I, Jane Doe and I, John Smith, residing at… as parent (s) of Jack Frost…”

Both parents must sign at the end of the form and date it.

Second: each parent signs a separate document, and finally you have two Powers of attorney for a child.

Best regards,
Customer Support


Search this topic   Email this topic   Page 
Members who are visible and online browsing this topic:

Go to forum Return to the top of the page
Forums - Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Help - Legal Forms

Powered by Legal Helpmate - Legal Document Service Online