Legal Forms and Dodiment Service Online   Legal Discussion Board, Advice, Information, Legal Aid and Legal Issue   
          Forums Login or Register News Members Calendar Search Bookmarks Settings Help Legal Document Service   
 Statistics: 29 people online; 301 members; 177 topics; 371 messages; 43,831 words  8 Nov 2021 1:58 am 

Change Name >> Change of Name for Adult or Minors >> After 11 years of divorce/name change

New Message   Printable Version   Threaded View   Page 
Discussion: After 11 years of divorce/name change-
#153, posted 29 Nov 2021 2:45 am93 words
Ivett (Offline)

Joined 29 Nov 2021 2:34 am

1 post

Hello i have been divorced for a little over 11 years i would like info on what i have to do to add my maiden name to my name i still wish to keep my married name i just want to add my maiden name as a middle name. I live in Texas what do i have to do to have it legaly changed or do i have to fill any forms? or can i just change my s/s # and drivers licence number to include my maiden name as a middle name.

#157, posted 29 Nov 2021 5:51 pm, in reply to #153116 words
Customer Support (Offline)

Joined 26 Jan 2022 1:01 pm

144 posts

9.6/10 Rating
Dear Ivette,

This issue was supposed to be resolved in your divorce decree.

As far as we know, if your divorce decree does not contain any order restoring your maiden name, you still may use your maiden name along with your family name.

You need to notify of your name change any governmental organizations you may deal with, such as IRS, Texas department of taxation, Social Security Administration, etc.

We recommend you to contact your county court clerk to check whether you need to legally change your name at this point.

Please be advised that Legal Helpmate is not a law firm and the information written above does not constitute legal advice.

Best regards,

Customer Support

Edited 29 Nov 2021 5:54 pm by Customer Support Reply  

Search this topic   Email this topic   Page 
Members who are visible and online browsing this topic:

Go to forum Return to the top of the page
Forums - Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Help - Legal Forms

Powered by Legal Helpmate - Legal Document Service Online