Legal Forms and Dodiment Service Online   Legal Discussion Board, Advice, Information, Legal Aid and Legal Issue   
          Forums Login or Register News Members Calendar Search Bookmarks Settings Help Legal Document Service   
 Statistics: 112 people online; 121 members; 94 topics; 185 messages; 25,304 words  27 Jan 2022 6:29 pm 

Estate Planning >> Elder Law >> How to handle financial affairs of incompetent?

New Message   Printable Version      
Discussion: How to handle financial affairs of incompetent?-
#5, posted 26 Jan 2022 7:33 pm135 words
  Texas Daddy (Offline)

Joined 26 Jan 2022 1:00 pm

2 posts

9/10 Rating
My mother is legally blind, and I have handled all of her finances for her for several years now.

In the last two years she has become a victim of dementia. I have had some problems with her bank not allowing me to use her debit card recently.

We have lived in this town for years, I have always handled her account, even signed her checks right in front of the tellers.

Now they say I can't have anything to do with her account. I want to switch bank accounts, but apparently I need power of attorney to do so... but she's already too incompetent to sign something for a notary.

What course of action do we take now? If you could point me in the right direction, I would be so appreciative.

Thank you!

Edited 26 Jan 2022 7:33 pm by Texas Daddy Reply  
Search this topic   Email this topic    
Members who are visible and online browsing this topic:

Go to forum Return to the top of the page
Forums - Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Help - Legal Forms

Powered by Legal Helpmate - Legal Document Service Online