Connecticut Divorce Online Forms. Do it yourself divorce papers. Divorce form for No-fault Uncontested Divorce

Connecticut divorce online, divorce forms Legal Document Preparation Service divorce papers by legal forms service
  legal information   LEGAL INFORMATION
  legal dictionary   LEGAL DICTIONARY
  Lawyer Directory   LAWYER DIRECTORY

Connecticut divorce online forms. Do it yourself divorce papers for no-fault and uncontested divorce.



Divorce Online Divorce Forms   Divorce Online
Power of Attorney   Power of Attorney
Health Care Directive   Health Care Directive
Revocable Living Will   Living Will
Prenuptial Agreement   Prenuptial Agreement
Revocable Living Trust   Living Trust
Bill of Sale Forms   Bill of Sale
Promissory Note Forms   Promissory Note
Immigration Forms   Immigration Forms
Free credit report   Credit Report

menu item


menu item   Legal Dictionary
Find a lawyer   Find a Lawyer or Law Firm
Find a lawyer   Law Books
Legal news and crime stories   Legal News & Crime Stories 
government forms   Government Forms & Docs
Legal discussion board   Discussion Board
Legal RSS / ATOM Feeds   Legal RSS / ATOM Feeds
My Shopping Cart   Log in to your account
Connecticut Uncontested Divorce Online  

Uncontested Divorce Online

Before you start completing your uncontested divorce forms with us, please read all the requirements for Connecticut divorce. Make sure that your situation matches all the requirements.

  Uncontested Divorce Forms Online  

Requirements for Connecticut divorce
Source: Connecticut General Statutes, Title 46b

bullet link Grounds for divorce / Separation
bullet link Uncontested divorce
bullet link Residency requirements
bullet link Division of property
bullet link Appropriate Court
bullet link Mediation programs
bullet link Child custody
bullet link Former name restoration


A decree of dissolution of a marriage or a decree of legal separation shall be granted upon a finding that one of the following causes has occurred:
  1. The marriage has broken down irretrievably;
  2. the parties have lived apart by reason of incompatibility for a continuous period of at least the eighteen months immediately prior to the service of the complaint and that there is no reasonable prospect that they will be reconciled;
  3. adultery;
  4. fraudulent contract;
  5. willful desertion for one year with total neglect of duty;
  6. seven years' absence, during all of which period the absent party has not been heard from;
  7. habitual intemperance;
  8. intolerable cruelty;
  9. sentence to imprisonment for life or the commission of any infamous crime involving a violation of conjugal duty and punishable by imprisonment for a period in excess of one year;
  10. legal confinement in a hospital or hospitals or other similar institution or institutions, because of mental illness, for at least an accumulated period totaling five years within the period of six years next preceding the date of the complaint.
(Connecticut General Statutes, Title 46b, Section 46b-40)

bullet link  What is the difference between fault divorce and no-fault divorce?


If the complaint for dissolution of marriage or separation is uncontested, the judge in his sole discretion shall decide the number of witnesses required, if any. (Connecticut General Statutes, Title 46b, Section 46b-50)


A complaint for dissolution of a marriage or for legal separation may be filed at any time after either party has established residence in this state.
A residence is established if:
  1. One of the parties to the marriage has been a resident of this state for at least the twelve months next preceding the date of the filing of the complaint or next preceding the date of the decree; or
  2. one of the parties was domiciled in this state at the time of the marriage and returned to this state with the intention of permanently remaining before the filing of the complaint; or
  3. the cause for the dissolution of the marriage arose after either party moved into this state.
For the purposes of this section, any person who has served or is serving with the armed forces, as defined by section 27-103, or the merchant marine, and who was a resident of this state at the time of his or her entry shall be deemed to have continuously resided in this state during the time he or she has served or is serving with the armed forces or merchant marine. (Connecticut General Statutes, Title 46b, Section 46b-44)


At the time of entering a decree annulling or dissolving a marriage, the Superior Court may assign to either the husband or wife all or any part of the estate of the other. The court may pass title to real property to either party or to a third person or may order the sale of such real property, without any act by either the husband or the wife, when in the judgment of the court it is the proper mode to carry the decree into effect. (Connecticut General Statutes, Title 46b, Section 46b-81)
In fixing the nature and value of the property, if any, to be assigned, the court, after hearing the witnesses, if any, of each party, shall consider the length of the marriage, the causes for the annulment, dissolution of the marriage or legal separation, the age, health, station, occupation, amount and sources of income, vocational skills, employability, estate, liabilities and needs of each of the parties and the opportunity of each for future acquisition of capital assets and income. The court shall also consider the contribution of each of the parties in the acquisition, preservation or appreciation in value of their respective estates.


A Petitioner (person seeking a divorce/separation) shall file a Complaint to the Superior Court for the judicial district in which either Petitioner or Respondent resides. (Connecticut General Statutes, Title 46b, Section 46b-45)


A program of mediation services for persons filing for dissolution of marriage may be established in such judicial districts of the Superior Court as the Chief Court Administrator may designate. Mediation services shall address property, financial, child custody and visitation issues. (Connecticut General Statutes, Title 46b, Section 46b-56)


The court may assign the custody of any child to the parents jointly, to either parent or to a third party, according to its best judgment upon the facts of the case and subject to such conditions and limitations as it deems equitable. The court may also make any order granting the right of visitation of any child to a third party, including, but not limited to, grandparents.
In making or modifying any order with respect to custody or visitation, the court shall
  1. be guided by the best interests of the child, giving consideration to the wishes of the child if the child is of sufficient age and capable of forming an intelligent preference, provided in making the initial order the court may take into consideration the causes for dissolution of the marriage or legal separation if such causes are relevant in a determination of the best interests of the child, and
  2. consider whether the party satisfactorily completed participation in a parenting education program ordered by the court.
There shall be a presumption that joint custody is in the best interests of a minor child where the parents have agreed to an award of joint custody or so agree in open court at a hearing for the purpose of determining the custody of the minor child or children of the marriage. If the court declines to enter an order awarding joint custody pursuant to this subsection, the court shall state in its decision the reasons for denial of an award of joint custody. (Connecticut General Statutes, Title 46b, Section 46b-56a).
In any dispute as to the custody of a minor child involving a parent and a non-parent, there shall be a presumption that it is in the best interest of the child to be in the custody of the parent, which presumption may be rebutted by showing that it would be detrimental to the child to permit the parent to have custody. (Connecticut General Statutes, Title 46b, Section 46b-56b)


Former name may be restored upon a motion.
  Uncontested Divorce Forms Online  


  To better understand the health care and pecuniary related issues our legal articles and other law related information may be of interest to you.


Divorce 'makes men richer'  

Divorce 'makes men richer'

It makes financial sense for men to divorce or leave their partners. Men who stay married ...
Money is the main reason of family quarrels and divorce  

Money is the main reason of family quarrels and divorce

A research project during which was interviewed about 33,000 people ...
Chats destroy a marriage  

Chats destroy a marriage

In USA internet-dialogue in so-called chats becomes more and more often reason of divorces ...

Intrigue grows over what sparked the attack on Rand Paul

CT Post
"I'm dumbfounded," Skaggs said, echoing the sentiments of others in the neighborhood. "You have two wealthy, very accomplished doctors. It's difficult to understand this level of action arising from a property dispute." As Skaggs talked, he wheeled his ...
Intrigue grows over what sparked the attack on Rand Paul

Former Stratford DTC chair is now a Republican

CT Post
The two had a messy divorce earlier this year. But those loyal to Philips have been heard calling her detractors as “Republicans in disguise.” And Joe Paul has even accused them of being “Republican implants.” “The gig's up and you know who you are ...
Former Stratford DTC chair is now a Republican

Study: Integrating Legal Aid With Medical Care Improves Veterans' Lives

Hartford Courant
The veterans' most prevalent legal needs related to: VA benefits; housing, such as evictions; family issues, such as child support and divorce; and consumer problems, including credit card debt. Sidley Cousins, 38, a Navy veteran with bipolar disorder ...
Study: Integrating Legal Aid With Medical Care Improves Veterans' Lives

Same-sex parental rights case reaches top Mississippi court

CT Post
(AP) — A lesbian couple who had a son through in-vitro fertilization and later divorced will argue over whether the woman who didn't give birth should have status as a legal parent. The Mississippi Supreme Court will hear the case Wednesday on whether ...
Same-sex parental rights case reaches top Mississippi court



Thanks for the quick service! I am very impressed with the speed and quality of your products and service. My husband is stationed in San Antonio, TX and I am trying to move us from NC to TX by myself- this power of attorney helped tremendously with so little complication! Thanks again!
Kimberly S., TX


Thank you so much. I appreciate your service and will continue to do business.
Didi S, NC


In a minite I got the power of attorney I need. Incredible website. Will use again.
Nicolas G., PA


Thanks for your prompt responce. Did not even expect you to be that quick and attentive. Your customer service is superb.
George A., NY


Thank you for your service, you just earned a customer for life.
Ms. Dove, OR