By Federal law, you are entitled to one free credit report per year directly from a credit reporting agency only if you certify that:
1. You are unemployed and seeking employment in the next 60 days.
2. You are receiving public assistance.
3. You believe there are inaccuracies in your credit report due to fraud
4. Also if you have been denied credit on the basis of information in a credit report, you are entitled to a free copy of your credit report from the credit bureau that supplied the credit report.
5. Residents of Colorado, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Vermont are entitled by state law to one free credit report from a credit-reporting agency per year. Residents of Georgia are entitled to two free credit reports.