Discussion Board, Legal Advice, Information, Legal Aid and Legal Issue   
          Forums Login or Register News Members Calendar Search Bookmarks Settings Help Legal Document Service   
 Statistics: 30 people online; 37 members; 35 topics; 67 messages; 11,553 words  20 Apr 2022 10:22 am 

Estate Planning >> Last Will and Testament >> Specifying someone to take care of my child

New Message   Printable Version      
Discussion: Specifying someone to take care of my child+

#50, posted 26 Mar 2022 11:49 am, in reply to #49116 words
Customer Support (Offline)

Joined 26 Jan 2022 1:01 pm

25 posts

9.4/10 Rating
Dear Rhonda,

As we understand from your post, you were given custody rights over your daughter in accordance to the court decision.

Only courts have discretion to decide child custody issues, and it is decided on case by case basis.

Therefore, your rights as a custodian are not transferable under your last will. But, by the same token, your ex-husband will not receive custody on your daughter “automatically”, and should something happen to you; the court will decide who should be the custodian of your daughter.

Disclaimer: Legal Helpmate Corp. is not a law firm and does not give legal advice. If difficult legal issues are involved, you should consult an attorney.

Best regards,

Customer Support

Edited 29 Mar 2022 10:56 pm by Customer Support Reply  
Search this topic   Email this topic    
Members who are visible and online browsing this topic:

Go to forum Return to the top of the page
Forums - Privacy Policy - Terms of Service - Help - Legal Forms

Powered by Legal Helpmate - Legal Document Service Online