Legal forms - Change name - Legal name change - Name change form - Marriage name change


Legal forms - Change name - Legal name change - Name change form - Marriage name change

        Power of Attorney  
        Living Will  
        Premarital Agreement  
        Living Trust  
        Divorce Online  
        Credit Report  
        Incorporate & LLC  
        Change Name  
        Criminal History  

Change Name Social Security Card

To change the name shown on your social security card, you need to complete Form SS-5.
Click on the bottom links to download particular change name form (all in Acrobat format - pdf) USE THIS APPLICATION TO APPLY FOR:
- An original Social Security card
- A duplicate Social Security card (same name and number)
- A corrected Social Security card (name change and same number)
- A change of information on your record other than your name (no card

If you've found our service helpful, please donate some money to continue development of this website and to satisfy your needs more efficiently.
Any contribution will be appreciated (even $2). Without your help, it will be extremely difficult for our site to survive. THANK YOU!
Please send your checks / money orders (no cash please) to:
LegalHelper, 1927 78th Street, Brooklyn NY, 11214


Mail or bring the application and evidence in person to your local Social Security office.

To change your name on your social security card, Social Security office need one or more documents identifying you by both your OLD NAME that is on Social Security office's records and your NEW NAME.
Examples of legal documents which might show both your old name and new name include your marriage certificate, divorce decree, or a court order changing your name. Or Social Security office can accept two identity documents – one in your old name and one in your new name. The legal document identifying you by your new name must be of recent issuance so that Social Security office can determine your continued existence. Generally, Social Security office prefer to see a document with a photograph. However, Social Security office can generally accept a non-photo identity document if it has enough information to identify you (e.g., your name as well as your age, date of birth, or parents’ names). If you were born outside of the U.S, Social Security office also need proof of your U.S. citizenship or lawful alien status. Some legal documents that Social Security office can accept as proof of identity are:
* Driver's license;
* Marriage or divorce record;
* Military records;
* Employer ID card;
* Adoption record;
* Life insurance policy;
* Passport;
* Health Insurance card (not a Medicare card);
* School ID card;
All documents must be either originals or copies certified by the issuing agency. Social Security office cannot accept photocopies of documents. Social Security office need original legal documents or copies certified by the custodian of the record. Notarized copies are also not acceptable.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:  LegalHelper is not a law firm and does not give legal advice. If difficult legal issues are involved, you should consult an attorney.

Neither does LegalHelper merely provide a blank legal form.

Instead, LegalHelper is a legal service center that provides you with an appropriately completed Change Name Form.

Top page